Since 2005 to date PWS has been involved in emergency response services through its partners and donor agencies. During the floods 2010, Emergency Response Unit convert into Emergency Response Program to provide its regular services to the flood affected areas of Layyah, Muzaffargarh and Bhakkar. From rescue to relief and early recovery, PWS provided logistic support, medicine, food, winterization kit, kitchen kit, hygiene kit, household kit, shelter, fodder for animal, cash grants, goats, hens, seeds, agricultural tool kit, rehabilitation of link roads, culverts, hand pumps and drainage to restore the community loses. Protection, capacity building trainings on disaster risk reduction, livestock management, cash for work and building of women and child friendly spaces remain part of our activities.
Program Package “ERP”
- Communities resilience building
- Communities preparedness and early warning system
- Provision of services (Shelter, Food & Non Food Items, Livelihood support)(farm, Off farm)
- Community Physical Infrastructure
- Community Restoration & WATSAN Improvement