In Cholistan, thousands of children still live without access to safe drinking water Provision of safe drinking water, adequate sanitation and personal hygiene are vital for the sustainable environmental conditions and reducing the incidence of diarrhea, malaria, trachoma, hepatitis A & B and morbidity levels. Not having access to water and sanitation is a courteous expression for a form of deprivation that threatens life, destroys opportunity and undermines human dignity.Thus, investing in the provision of safe water supply and adequate sanitation is not only a development oriented strategy in itself. It can also yield other socioeconomic benefits in terms of improved health status, quality of labor force and reduced burden-of disease.
Program Objective for 2022
- Contribute toward achieving universal and equitable access to safe and affordable drinking water for all through development and implementation of water related interventions.
- Creating conditions where the most vulnerable are able to access sustainable and disaster resilient WASH services, understand the relationship of hygienic behaviors with the quality of life, and learn to assume responsibility for sustaining WASH initiatives.
- Contributing toward achieving access to adequate and equitable sanitation and hygiene for all and end open defecation, paying special attention to the needs of women and girls and those in vulnerable situations
- Efforts to substantially increase water-use efficiency across all sectors and ensure sustainable withdrawals and supply of freshwater to address water scarcity and substantially reduce the number of people suffering from water scarcity
- Proactively engaging with other social sectors relevant to WASH such as education, health and nutrition in ways that help in the cross-integration of approaches for effective programs